We are currently seeking ideal candidates with the required qualifications for the following positions.
- Mechanical or Electrical University degree in Engineering
- 5 – 7 years of construction experience with sound knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing services
- Have a detailed understanding of the Contract documents (bills of materials/quantities, engineering measurement, drawings, and specifications)
- Plans MEP systems interrelationships, construction sequencing, and project schedule
- Facilitate problem-solving, as may arise, between MEP Subcontractors during construction
- Validate design issues related to MEP, drive the value engineering process and suggest alternative solutions
- Direct, monitor and control the activities of MEP Subcontractor
- Ensure that MEP Subcontractors adheres to Project safety regulations
- 5 – 7 years of relevant industry experience
- Master’s degree in Quantity Surveying, building, or construction management including relevant professional certification (RQS/RICS/PMP) will be an added advantage
- A good working knowledge of MS Excel and the ability to use specialist software
- Prepare cost analysis based on the architectural drawings, engineering estimates, materials required and labor involved
- Evaluate tenders from contractors and subcontractors and, where appropriate, negotiate with the contractors
- Cost Control across all stages of projects within predetermined budget and expenditure.
- Monitor and keep track of project progress and are responsible for the measurement and valuation of variations in the work during the contract, for interim payments and the final account.
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering with at least 10 years relevant, hands-on industry experience
- Professional engineering accreditation by COREN is required.
- Experienced with AutoCAD, structural modeling software including but not limited to STAAD, ETAB, SAFE, etc
- Able to design and analyze different structures and foundations based on British Standards and or internationally accepted standards and engineering methods
- Conform design to local jurisdictional requirements for land use and permitting or planning applications
- Work closely with Projects Development team to prepare contracts for engagement of technical consultants including the review of scope and fees
- Can serve as design and supervision professional of record, able to review construction drawings for permitting purposes and post-completion as-built drawings where required
- Interacts with team members on the project and assists in the coordination of work among engineers and detailers. Strong organizational, interpersonal and effective communications skills are required
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES should please send C.V's to firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail